Saturday, May 16, 2009

Writing about life

So over the last few weeks a lot has been going on in my life. The one main thing is finding and connecting with my birth father. It was such a huge thing to have happen in my life! When i was 2 days old, I came home from the hospital with my parents and was officially adopted when i was 2 and a half. Since then I have only known my birth father's name. The experience of getting to know him has been absolutely amazing!! i can't believe how good it has been. I can't explain it, but the connection i have with him is different than a connection that i have with any other person. I don't think I ever really let myself thing that talking with him would have gone this well. I didn't want to get my hopes up so i just let myself go about everything just thinking that it might be okay, but it has been a million times better than that!

For once in my life I have some answers. Its like i am finding another part of my family. Like i am putting together the pieces of my life that i have been missing. It is such an amazing and completing feeling. When talking about everything I have been going through with a counselor who deals a lot with adoption and she suggested that I write a book about my story. There is such little literature about adoption and about people's personal stories that I feel like talking about my story would help myself and other people. I am still trying to decide if i am going to or not, but i think it would be an amazing experience!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! Sounds like the meeting couldn't go any better and how neat about the possible book. I'm excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete