Monday, May 4, 2009

It's been a while

Sorry its been so long since I have written anything, but its been a stressful week. I got a letter back from my birth father and his wife this past week. It is something I have been waiting for all of my life, so reading the notes were rather overwhelming. The notes back and fourth have been amazing though. They are the best that I could have ever hoped for. I am learning so much about myself and about my history. I look forward to every new note I get. It has been a few days since I have heard back from them so I am getting kind of anxious to get another letter. Other than that, this week has been filled with errands, finishing up our save the dates for our wedding, getting stuff ready for the pancake breakfast, and working on homework. 

Friday I was able to take a break from everything & have a fun day. I went and had lunch with dan at the station for a while since he was on shift. Then in the afternoon I hung out with Mika. She and I went to the Tulip Festival & then the mall. We had a lot of fun just talking & hanging out. When we got home we, like always, watched some episodes of Friends. 

Saturday was dan & i's 2 & 1/2 year anniversary, even though we both forgot hehe, but I decided to take him and my parents back to the Tulip Festival because they had never been there before. Everyone had a lot of fun & we had perfect weather for it! Then we went to lunch & did a little shopping. Saturday night we went over to Bert & Amy's and hung out with them & liz & josh. It was a very fun and relaxing saturday!


My Parents & i in the tulip field!
Dan & i at the Tulip Festival :-)
Sunday was exhausting but fun. Dan & i woke up at 3:30 to get ready and get down to the fire station to get ready for the pancake breakfast since dan was in charge of organizing it all. We got there around 4, and people were already setting up. It was a fun day. We ended up handing out plates & taking tickets all day. It was a fun spot to be cause we got to talk to lots of people and i got to hang out with Katy Hartmann & Elyse for a while. It was a great breakfast, just wished the turnout would have been better, but there's always next year! After we helped clean everything up, we came home & relaxed a little and then went and got something to eat. We were so tired, all night we were just trying to keep ourselves awake. 

Overall it was a great week & a great weekend and i'm looking forward to hanging out with one of the other fireman's wives tonight while the boys are at the station & to spending some time with dan & my family this week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment